Sunday, April 23, 2006

Prairie Landscape #1





Enlarge


This print was the first in a series of prairie landscapes, which I haven't yet posted to my woodcuts site--except for this one, because I needed a jpeg for a local event. The jpeg was made by my wife using her digital camera, and now that I see what a snap it is to use the digital camera, I hope to add more or this seriesd to my web site.

I made "Prairie Landscape #1" for a show hosted by Xylon Quebec, celebrating its 20th anniversary, in the summer of 2005. The Xylon print had to be kept to a particular format--the image had to be 12" x 12", the paper size 22 x 26, and the bottom margin had (I believe) to be 9 inches. It's a lot a paper for that size image but a very attractive format. I used BFK Rives and printed damp with oil-based inks on an etching press.

However, the subsquent series of prints were all printed dry on Japanese papers. I have a lot of Japanese paper in the studio, collected over years, and I've decided that I'm going to make prints to fit the paper and in my usual small editions. This print had to be an edition of 10 for Xylon, and except for the baren exchanges, I don't think I've ever made an edtion of more than 14, usually closer to 6 or 8.



1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger kevinharolds46993793 said...

While you read this, YOU start to BECOME aware of your surroundings, CERTIAN things that you were not aware of such as the temperature of the room, and sounds may make YOU realize you WANT a real college degree.

Call this number now, (413) 208-3069

Get an unexplained feeling of joy, Make it last longer by getting your COLLEGE DEGREE. Just as sure as the sun is coming up tomorrow, these College Degree's come complete with transcripts, and are VERIFIABLE.

You know THAT Corporate America takes advantage of loopholes in the system. ITS now YOUR turn to take advantage of this specific opportunity, Take a second, Get a BETTER FEELING of joy and a better future BY CALLING this number 24 hours a day.
(413) 208-3069

 

Post a Comment

<< Home